Cleveland State Community College has a long standing tradition of excellence in athletic achievement both on an individual and team basis. Cleveland State has the distinction of having all of its athletic teams participate in the NJCAA National Tournament at least once. Many individuals have participated in athletics at Cleveland State athletics and have demonstrated tremendous accomplishment on the state and national level and have moved on to senior colleges to complete their academic and athletic careers.
The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to recognize coaches, administrators, athletes, and supporters who have had an impact on athletics at Cleveland State.
You can nominate any of the following for entry into the Cleveland State Athletics Hall of Fame:
- Coach / Administrator
- Meritorious and Community Service
The nominee must meet the following criteria:
A nominated player must:
- Have demonstrated excellence in athletic performance, including conference, state and national honors.
- Have made a significant contribution to Cleveland State Athletics and shown academic and community accomplishments.
A nominated coach or administrator must:
- Have an accomplished career of service at Cleveland State and who had a significant impact on the growth of the athletics program during their tenure.
A nominated team must:
- Have outstanding accomplishments in the field of competition.
A nominee for meritorious or community service:
- Be individual who has made a significant and lasting contribution to Cleveland State Athletics.
How does the nomination process work?
- All nominations to the Cleveland State Hall of Fame may be made by Cleveland State athletic staff, alumni, friends of the program and or college, and former players.
- All nominations should be submitted by August 1, for induction during the academic year.
- All ceremonies will take place at a home basketball game during the year at a date to be announced.
- Candidate nomination forms should be completed and submitted for consideration by the Hall of Fame Committee. Any and all information regarding the nominee would be considered.
- Nomination form may be received via mail or email after a request has been submitted to the athletic office at Cleveland State. A nomination form is also available below and will be sent directly to the athletic department.
- Nomination forms would stay in consideration for five years without having to be nominated again.
- All nomination forms would be considered by the Hall of Fame selection committee comprised of Cleveland State current and former coaches, faculty and staff as well as community members.